- Transfer of registration from one vehicle to another, providing the first vehicle has been sold or traded. Registration showing proof of transfer.
- Transfer of a person and his vehicle to another state or country with proof of registration in that state or country and cancellation of a registration in Massachusetts
- Overvaluation of a motor vehicle
- Subsequent registration of the same vehicle in the same year by the same person or
- Notification to the police within 48 hours of discovery of a theft of the vehicle, surrender of the certificate of registration not less than 30 days after the theft, and presentation of a certificate from the Registrar of Motor Vehicles verifying that the car has been stolen and plate return receipt.
TO FILE FOR AN ABATEMENT:
COMPLETE AN ABATEMENT APPLICATION
PROVIDE THE APPROPRIATE DOCUMENTATION
ABATEMENTS ARE PRO-RATED BY THE NUMBER OF MONTHS IN THE YEAR AFTER THE MONTH THE LAST ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT TAKES PLACE. DEMAND AND INTEREST FEES CAN NOT BE ABATED
WE NEED TO KNOW 2 THINGS
1: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE VEHICLE –
SOLD - NEED OF COPY OF THE BILL OF SALE
TRADED - NEED OF COPY OF THE BILL OF SALE SHOWING TRADE-IN
JUNKED - NEED OF COPY OF THE BILL OF SALE
TOTALED - NEED OF COPY OF THE LETTER FROM INSURANCE CO.
GIFT TO RELATIVE NEED OF COPY OF THEIR NEW REGISTRATION
CHARITY - NEED OF COPY OF THE LETTER FROM THE DONATION REPOSSESSED- NEED OF COPY OF THE LETTER FROM FINANCE CO
STOLEN - NEED COPY OF THE POLICE REPORT
2: WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LICENSE PLATE –
RETURNED - NEED COPY OF PLATE RETURN RECEIPT FROM THE RMV
TRANSFER TO ANOTHER VEHICLE – NEED COPY OF NEW REGISTRATION
LOST/STOLEN PLATE – NEED COPY OF LOST PLATE RECEIPT FROM
MOVED TO ANOTHER STATE AND RE-REGISTERED VEHICLE
COPY OF REGISTRATION FROM NEW STATE
– AND –
COPY OF MA PLATE RETURN RECEIPT FROM THE RMV
NOT GARAGED IN AUBURN AND YOU RECEIVE A BILL FROM AUBURN
A COPY OF YOUR INSURANCE POLICY SHOWING THE PRINCIPLE PLACE OF GARAGING IN ANOTHER TOWN IN MA AS OF JANUARY 1.