As supportes of the Arts, ten volunteers on The Auburn Cultural Council voted this year to award seventeen grants totaling $6,413.00 from money distributed by the state of Massachusetts to Auburn. Our state and local guidelines are followed in order to select from the many worthy applicants. Is is the goal of the Auburn Cultural Council to disperse fairly the money that this town receives. Auburn residetns, school students, preschoolers, senior citizens, and lovers of the arts are able to enjoy a variety of programs sponsored in part or
completely funded by the Auburn Cultural Council. This year's grant selections include the following:
The Auburn Public Schools received 6 grants totaling $2,553.00
- Pakachoag School: Allison Chery - "A Step Back in Time"
- Swanson Road Intermediate School: Sarah Connell - "Farm to Fork"
- Auburn Middle School: Michelle Prunier - "Community Tape Art Mural", Christine Robbins - "STEM Packaging and Design", Tammy Bailey - "Grecian Masks"
- Auburn High School: Amanda Bastien and Karyn Ferdella - Boston Museum of Fine Arts
The Auburn Public Library received 6 grants totaling $2054.00
- Davis Farmland Discount Pass
- Matthew Heaton "Sing Along"
- Mad Science of Western New England "Up, Up and Away"
- Character Engagement with Children
- Pass to Plimoth Plantation
- Hands on Nature - Wnter Hibernation
Audio Journal - "The Silver Tsunami" - $300.00
Gregory Maichack - "Pastel Painting Stunning Still Life Lesson" - $458.00
The Marble Collection - A publication of Auburn High School students' literature and art - $200,00
Auburn Youth and Family Services - Trip to Hanover Theater - $400.00
Auburn Democratic Town Committee - A bus trip for Auburn residents to the Edward Kennedy Senate Chamber Museum - $448.00