The Parks, Recreation, and Cemetery Division manages, develops and improves the parks and recreation facilities of the Town; plans, implements and manages the recreation and cultural activities of the Town; and operates and maintains Town cemeteries as facilities for public and private internments.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
1. Respond in a timely fashion to any citizen complaints;
2. To provide a wide range of park services for all interests and age groups;
3. Foster open communication with all other Town department heads;
4. Maintain operating budget that reflects what the community needs and can afford;
5. Develop staff growth with training opportunities;
6. Teach value of good public relations to all staff;
7. To coordinate programs with community youth and adult athletic leagues to best meet their needs;
8. To improve existing park facilities and playgrounds;
9. To seek and explore field development opportunities;
10. To collaborate and coordinate with Auburn School Department regarding use of facilities and programs.