The Auburn Recreation and Culture Department has been established to provide professional leadership to enhance the lives of the citizens of Auburn through quality recreational/cultural programming. Its main mission is to develop a diversified year-round activity program for all age populations by cooperating with all entities, organizations, groups and residents in developing, supervising and implementing public recreation and culture.
Our Main Goal Is...
- To provide opportunities for:
- Building family unity
- Reducing stress
- Building self-esteem
- Eliminating loneliness
- Lowering health care costs
- Creating memories
- Reducing crime
- Creating avenues for a healthy lifestyle
- The encouragement, appreciation, preservation and protection of our environment and parkland.
- Strengthening the economic community by improving the quality of life
- Increasing community pride