The Town of Auburn is made up of land areas which were, in colonial times, outlying parts of Worcester, Leicester, Sutton and Oxford. These areas were incorporated as the town of Ward on April 10, 1778. In 1837 the name was changed to Auburn.
The first of Dr. Robert Goddard's liquid propelled rockets was fired on Pakachoag Hill in 1926 in the field on Effe Ward’s farm. It was the forerunner of today's space flights. Dr. Goddard is considered the father of modern rocketry.
Easy access off I290, I90, I395, Routes 12 and 20 makes Auburn a popular destination for shopping, working and living.
The Town of Auburn has a new emergency notification system. Sign up today by clicking here. Have questions about it? Click here to get more information. To view a video
on how CodeRED weather warning works, click here.