Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Auburn Housing Authority Board of Commissioners Vacancy
Please be advised that there is a vacancy in an existing term on the Auburn Housing Authority Board of Commissioners that must be filled by Board of Selectmen appointment, per Massachusetts General Law Chapter 41, Section 11, for the remainder of the term until the Town election in May 2021.
Thus, the Board of Selectmen is seeking applications from registered voters of the Town of Auburn for consideration of this appointment. Interested residents can apply on-line using the Board and Commission application form (fill in Auburn Housing Authority under “Other”) or in-person in the Town Manager’s Office at 102 Central Street. Please include a resume, if possible. Deadline for submission is March 13, 2020 at 12:00 PM Noon.
The Auburn Housing Authority is a politic, corporate and duly organized public housing agency. State and Federal lawmakers promulgate rules and regulations by which the housing authority must abide. The Authority’s funding is received directly from state and federal agencies.
The Auburn Housing Authority is comprised of a five member Board of Commissioners, who meet on the first Tuesday of the month at the Auburn Housing Authority, located at 200 Oxford Street North.
It is the Mission of the Auburn Housing Authority to:
• Provide affordable, decent, safe, and sanitary housing through the maintenance of our existing units and the development of new units.
• To create an environment which enables residents to live responsibly and with dignity.
• To support residents in their efforts to achieve self-sufficiency.
• To honor public commitments in a fiscally and ethically responsible manner.
• To create and maintain public confidence in the Authority’s operations and staff.
• To ensure that the facilities owned and managed by the Auburn Housing Authority are marketable in the community and are appealing to residents.
• To enable the Auburn Housing Authority staff to improve their performance through appropriate vision, training, and career development.
• To establish performance goals that meet or exceed industry standards.
• To assist the Town, State and Federal government in identifying and addressing housing needs.